When my husband and I were ready to have a baby, making the decision to stop taking the medication was risky however, we knew it was what we wanted and needed to do. It took us a few months, before we learned that we were pregnant. During that time, I was so anxious and  worried about how long it would take to happen. I spent my days counting every ovulation time of each month to make sure we didn’t miss any opportunities.

I remember driving to work on the morning of March 3 and hearing a voice, very subtle whisper to me saying, “Everything is ok … relax, you will find out you’re pregnant on your fathers birthday.” I didn’t know what to think after hearing this however, a peace came over me that allowed me to relax and not worry. I waited until the eve of my dad’s birthday, 15 days later, to buy pregnancy tests. Although I was certain the results would be positive, I hadn’t told my husband yet. I didn’t want him to be worried or give him false hope especially since this would be the 3rd test we’d taken since we decided to expand our family. Reluctantly, I tucked the box in the corner of my drawer, prayed and went to bed so I wouldn’t let me anxiety get the best of me.  The following morning before work, I took the test. A rush of numerous emotions invaded my body as I waited for the stick to change to its appropriate shade of pink. I paced back and fourth in the living room, those 3 minutes seemed like eternity. I slowly peeked my head into the opening of the bathroom door, wishing I had someone else to look at the stick for me, walked in and saw 1 solid pink line and a faint pink line.
Clearly, that meant I was pregnant but I had to be certain the test weren’t faulty. I couldn’t scream and run through the apartment waking my hubby up with false/positive news. So I prepared for work, trying to contain as much of my excitement as I could throughout the day and purchased a digital pregnancy test on my way home. I quickly rushed into the apartment and locked myself in the bathroom.  I sat the used test on the sink and watched nervously as the clock spinned in a circular motion. It was even worst this time around than the first. I closed my eyes, took a deep breath and counted to 10 before opening them again. And there it was, the words “PREGNANT, 1-2” were present on the test. My eyes at this point were clouded with tears and mascara. I couldn’t explain how much happiness I felt in that moment.
The next day I went and purchased a unisex newborn outfit and wrapped it in a box with the test for my husband. I went about the day as usually only now with an additional glow from a secret I couldn’t wait to share with him.  After putting our son to bed and preparing for the next business day I sat aside him on our bed as he lay on his back, iPad on his chest and the remote in his hands. I tapped his shoulder and whispered that I had a gift for him. I handed him the neatly wrapped box and watched him open it. At first, seeing the tiny onseie and bib that read “My Daddy Loves Me” was a bit confusing but once he pulled out the pregnancy test, all 3, he knew immediately that we were expecting a baby. After asking me if I was “for real” several times, he jumped up with excitement, hugged and kissed me.

Despite all the possibilities we’ve read and were told by the physician’s, or the differences I knew I may experience throughout the pregnancy or the numerous concerns we had as potential parents none of it mattered!  That moment was exciting, carefree and heartwarming… It was perfect


Please follow and like us:
Follow by Email

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *